Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I purchased a new iPad Air2 today from my AT&T store.I

Customer Question

I purchased a new iPad Air2 today from my AT&T store.
I just synched my new iPad Air2 with iTunes, but now I cannot open my new iPad2 because it will not accept my Passcode that I used on my previous iPad. What do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your iPad without the passcode. Since it is disabled your only option is to force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) model, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users.
After restoring, you can you can disable the passcode old iPad, then backup the iPad to iTunes and restore it to new iPad.
Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.
First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
Open iTunes application on your computer.
On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
Click OK or Restore
Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take awhile to restore it.