Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Dustin, I just received the Disk Utility warning: Warning: SUID file “System/Libr

Customer Question

Hi Dustin,
I just received the Disk Utility warning:
Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.
Yesterday I tried to make room on my external drive used for Time Machine backups by deleting previous backups in Finder. I don't understand what the potential consequences of this are, so I ran Disk Utility and got that error message.
I haven't backed up in 70 days (lack of hard drive space), but I need to because I have several software updates pending, including Yosemite
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
You can safely ignore those warning messages. This is common with Macs and they have been there since Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Disk Utility will ask you to repair the hard drive if needed.
Re backup, you can delete the old backups and it won't cause anything bad except you will lose the files in those backups. So go ahead and backup. There won't be any issue.
If you have any questions or if you have any trouble backing up, please let me know and I will be happy to continue to help you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Verify the disk. If needed to repair, Disk Utility will say so. So you can repair it. The warning message about the SUID file can be safely ignored.