Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iPhoto keeps freezing

Customer Question

my iPhoto keeps freezing
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
This happens if there is any problem with the iPhoto Library. We can rebuild your iPhoto Library and see if that works or not.
Follow the steps below to rebuild the library.
Quit iPhoto if it is open.
Hold down the Command and Option/alt keys on the keyboard.
Open iPhoto while holing Command and Option/alt keys
Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes (or do all options)
Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am holding the command option and nothing is happening

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Press Command, Option and Esc keys at same time and this will bring Force Quit. Select iPhoto and cick Force Quit if you see iiPhoto there.
Then hold down Command and Options and without releasing these buttons, open iPhoto. Does it now shows the rebuild options ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i went through all the rebuild options and when it opens to iPhoto it still does not load..spinning timer only then have to force quit

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It seems like the library is completely corrupted. We can now rebuild the library with a third party application named iPhoto Library Manager. Download and install it from here (use the trial version) : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/
Open iPhoto Library Manager. Select your iPhoto Library, click on Library menu in the top and select Rebuild Library. This will verify the library. Then click the Rebuild button in the top right. This will rebuild it, After rebuilding, open iPhoto.