Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Our many websites are making navigating impossible with the

Customer Question

Our many websites are making navigating impossible with the Safari 5.0 and the sites are telling us we need to upgrade 5.0 to 7 or higher, we have an older MAC that is using MAC OS X Version 10.5.8. We go to Safari and we cannot find where to do this, can you help us
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Could you please tell me the hardware spec of your Mac like processor and ram ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Processor - 2 GHZ Intel Core 2 DuoMemory - 2GB 667 MH7 DDR2 SDRAM
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How are we doing?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. Lost my connection with you. Will get back to you 3 minutes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. My internet connection went down. My apologies. Your Mac can handle the latest Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. To get latest Safari you have to upgrade to Mac OS X 10.6 or later versions.
So first upgrade your Mac OS X to 10.6 Snow Leopard first. You have to buy the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow leopard RETAIL discs to upgrade. You can buy it from eBay or Amazon.com
After getting the discs, just put it on your Mac and follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade.
After upgrading to 10.6 Snow Leopard you can use compatible Safari.
You can also upgrade to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite from Snow Leopard for free. Yosemite can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for free.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please do not hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
could I not purchase at the Apple store on line?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
from home and download it that wauy
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can buy it from Apple Store. Only Snow Leopard can be purchased as discs.
To install Yosemite, you have to download it from App Store application in Snow Leopard. I'd recommend to upgrade to Snow Leopard atleast
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Here it is, from Apple Store online --> http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard
You may get it from eBay or Amazon for cheap rates. When buying from eBay or Amazon make sure you buy it RETAIL version.
Yosemite is free and only available on App Store of Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Snow Leopard is not available for download. You have to get it as discs.
But after installing Snow Leopard from the discs, you will see an application named App Store in Applications folder. You can download the 10.10 Yosemite from there for free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Size: 1.39 GB on disk (1,249,286,446 bytes) for 53 items, does this have aything to do with the download of yosimite
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand. Please elaborate. Where do you see that message ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
To install Yosemite you need atleast 10+ GB free space. You have to delete unwanted applications, movies, files etc from your Mac and empty the Trash to free space . Then you can install Yosemite.
Are you having any difficulty downloading Yosemite ?