Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iphone 6+ was replaced by assurian over two weeks ago.

Customer Question

My iphone 6+ was replaced by assurian over two weeks ago. I went through all the steps, i erased my old phone, activated my new phone and after a week of getting messages that icloud had not finished downloading, I called support. Three hours later, after eraseping the phone again, it showed it was downloading, this time from the old iphone back up, from May 1, instead of the larger nightly backup from my ipad. That did not work so I signed onto icloud from a friend's computer and the old phone was still listed, with 483mg. I tried to remove it and could not. I was forced to change my password. Now icloud is asking me to do it again. I have been hesitant to call support because 10 instructions took 3 hours and I don't have the oatience for that coupked with another 10 minutes od how someone understands that this is frustrating for 29 minutes, when I am busy and have set up my phone like 8 times...so mow busy and mad. I thought I woukd go to the itunes store which is incovenient, but am ready to throw out the phone...any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Are you doing this only using the iCloud or had you previously synced your old phone with your computer?