Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have Skype on my iPad Air 2 but the video call option is

Customer Question

I have Skype on my iPad Air 2 but the video call option is not available. What do I need to do to make a Skype call from my iPad?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What happens when you make video call ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no camera option available to make the video call. It isn't even available in my settings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only option is to make a voice call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
On your iPad, goto Settings > Privacy. Select Camera and turn on Skype. Go back, select Microphone and turn on Skype.
If that didn't work, then we can delete skype and redownload it. Press and hold down the Skype icon on your iPad and it will start wiggling. Tap the x icon over it to delete. Then goto App Store and redownload Skype from there.
Open Skype and try to make a video call. Remember, if asked for camera or microphone permission, allow it. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is ridiculous I have done all of that and it still does' work. I will cancel my subscription
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Remember, you have to add/save the contact the person you want to video call, in Skype. To do that, open Skype. Sign in to Skype if not already did. Tap People in the top left corner of the screen. In the People screen, tap the add icon (+)
Choose Search Skype Directory or Save a Phone Number of the person you want to call. Then you will be able to make video calls.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the redundancy. I didn't know what you've tried so far and you never mentioned it in your question. Did you try get my last message ?