Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My Ipad says activation required, then the apple id, it won't

Customer Question

my Ipad says activation required, then the apple id, it won't take my apple id it needs the id ther ipad was set up with, and I don't know that
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today! Lets put your ipad in dfu mode and try to recover t he device.
*** If you didnt have your ipad set to make backups of everything to icloud. Then use itunes and make a backup of the ipad first. To be safe.
Once thats done, please proceed as follows.
Start with the ipad off.
Plug the iPad into your computer
Launch iTunes
Hold down the Power button and the Home button at the same time
Keep holding both of these buttons for 10 seconds
After 10 seconds pass, release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button for another 3-5 seconds
When in DFU mode, your iPad screen will stay completely black. If you see an Apple logo or otherwise you did not enter DFU mode
iTunes will notify you that it has detected a device in recovery mode
Allow itunes to restore the device
Let me know if you run into issues with the above steps, or if the restore doesnt correct the error.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.