Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have flash mail virus on my Mac. How can I get rid of this

Customer Question

I have flash mail virus on my Mac. How can I get rid of this once and for all?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What version of Mac OS X are you using?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That is a SCAM message.
Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit. This will close Safari.
Then disconnect the WiFi from your Mac (or disconnect the internet/airport), open Safari while holding down Shift and the webpage will not load. Click on Safari menu and select Reset Safari. Select all options and click Reset Safari. Connect it back to WiFi. This will get rid of all traces of that website. If you can't find reset safari, click select "Clear History and Website Data"
Then download, run and scan your Mac with this application, AdwareMedic ---> http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php
This will find and remove all adwares/malwares from your Mac if any. You can download this application from another computer, copy it a disc or drive then install it on your Mac from it.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.