Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an iPad mini and I'm about to purchase an iPad and I

Customer Question

I have an iPad mini and I'm about to purchase an iPad and I want to use them at my studio (fitness) as clients walk in the door to check clients into classes. I have a program we use for this application, however I would like to have a scrolling picture slideshow of our upcoming programs, discounts and specials on the screen when clients are not booking into sessions as a home screen/screensaver. I've tried a few apps and these just don't cut the mustard. Can you suggest an app that would work or does the iPad have this capability?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
depending on whether you have an Ipad 2 or newer, what you should be able to do, and what may serve you best. Is going into your screen saver settings, select one specific album.
In that album place only one movie.
The movie itself, you want to make with either powerpoint or keynote ( for mac )
Once you have created the slideshow, including audio and any video you want. Export it as a quicktime movie.
Then, connect the ipad to the computer, sync the movie to the ipad via itunes.
And then, make sure the movie goes into the specific folder that the screensaver is set to.
If all that is done properly, Your scrolling slideshow of specials, discounts, etc. Will work as a screensaver. Coming on when the ipad is idle, and going away when a client / customer taps the screen to login.
The main concern I have is that you said the existing screensaver doesnt scroll. That makes me think you may have one of the older ipads ( and ios version )
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dustin,The iPad mini I have is the older version and I just purchased an iPad Air version 8.3 which i will now use for the front desk. Will this work?Chris
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
It should work.
As long as the movie is exported as a quicktime movie, and put in its own folder on the ipad. And you choose just that folder for your screensaver to pull from.
Then it will randomly rotate through the pictures or videos in that folder. ( and if you have just the one video of your specials and discounts, the that will be your screensaver )
If you run into any issues Chris, let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes :)
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem..
If everything goes well, please remember to return here and submit a rating, as currently my work history shows that I was unable to help you with this.
If you run into issues, dont hesitate to respond and I will do my best to assist.
Dustin S.