Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Using Contribute 6.5....works wonderful until computer (Mac)

Customer Question

Using Contribute 6.5....works wonderful until computer (Mac) shuts down...back online the program has lost most of my information and 'ate' two pages (News and Updates and In Memory)
Have tried everything....trashed contribute, reinstalled...but even on installation, all of the old came up (probably due to same IP).
Need help badly. This site is a non-profit alumni site...www.grayhighschool.com
Thank you in advance for your help.
Sherry
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
What version of mac osx are you running. If you're not certain,
Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. Where it says version, please send that to me as a reply.
Also, if you open the webpage you created in the contribute editor, does it show the two missing pages? To open them in the editor please read below.
In the Contribute browser or editor, select File > Open.
The Open dialog box appears.
Note: You cannot use this feature to open and edit TXT files saved on your computer.
Navigate to and select the file you want to edit, and then click Open.
The page opens as a draft in the Contribute editor; the toolbar contains Save and Close buttons instead of Publish and Discard Draft buttons.
I look forward to your response.
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Running OS X 10.6.8
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Sherry, Ive just started my shift for today.
Thank you for replying with the OS version, Im not sure if the second half of my message was cut off. Can you please read below and let me know the results.
The Open dialog box appears.
I look forward to your response.
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My contribute does not have the save button only the publish
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Lets try taking contribute offline.
Contribute > Work Offline
Now, try opening a saved copy of your page..
select File > Open.
The Open dialog box appears.
The page opens as a draft in the Contribute editor; the toolbar contains Save and Close buttons instead of Publish and Discard Draft buttons
Once you have it open in the editor.. Are your pages showing here, offline? Or are they also missing here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I am going to give up and try a different program. There is nothing working and I've even tried the edit panel for my ISP...thank you for taking all the time with me, it is greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
I understand Sherry.
I do hope that your able to sort the issue out and find a program that works for you.
Dustin S.