Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

Michelle. I'm Deryck. My iPad2 froze while trying to update

Customer Question

Hi Michelle. I'm Deryck. My iPad2 froze while trying to update its OS via iTunes. Now it won't do anything but display an image of the power plug and cable, a small arrow pointing to the blue iTunes logo. I can't switch it off or reboot.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi Deryck, and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.
From what you are describing, it appears that your iPad has entered Recovery Mode. This normally happens when there is an issue with the iPad's operating system or if there was an error with the update. To get your iPad up and running again, you will need to restore your iPad back to factory settings. If you have an iCloud or iTunes backup, you can restore from your backup when the restore is complete.
1. Open iTunes on your Computer if it is not open already
2. Disconnect your iPad and then re-connect it.
3. iTunes should inform you that your iPad is in recovery mode. Press restore
If it does not pop up, click on the iPad icon within iTunes to get to the restore option.
Please let me know if you run into any issues.