Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

MACBOOK PRO ICANT SIGN IN TO OPEN THE MACI FORGOT PASSWORD

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you are using Mac OS X 10.7 or later version of OS X, you can reset the password ***** booting into Mac OS X Utilities screen. Follow the steps below to reset the password (if you are using 10.6 or lower version of OS X, please let me know first);
Turn off your Mac.
Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 10 seconds.
This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS X Utilities” menu.
Click on the “Utilities” menu in top bar and select “Terminal".
Type (without space) : resetpassword
Press return. Confirm the user account and then change password ***** reboot as normal.
You can login with this password. If you get any messages about keychain after login, please let me know and we can fix it too.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can try different method to reset.