Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Mike, I've just started working up my wedding photos for

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I've just started working up my wedding photos for a photobook. They've been edited and sent to me on USB; I've viewed the images via Apple's preview, then imported to iPhoto for management. Preview and iPhoto colours look the same (or similar enough that I can't tell the difference) but importing photos from iPhoto to the proprietary application for the photobook (Blurb, FWIW) shows up photos that are muddier, desaturated, with pallid grey skin tones. The same happens when I've had photos printed (at local store) although these were not first imported to iPhoto. I wonder if you have any thoughts as to where I might start in correcting this - the iPhoto colouring is attractive and I'd regard it as fairly accurate so ideally this would be the benchmark...
Running Mac OS X 10.5.8; uncertain of iPhoto version and away from the machine right now but can look it up... Thanks for your help :)
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
What size were the original images, and what size are they in the photo book?
If the images were up-scaled, then half-toning may be visible, and the images could be noticeably grainier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete - they're approximately 3600 x 2400 pixels, from memory. the colour issues apply to all images in the photobook software, regardless of size, and also to the one photo I've had printed (via local supermarket print booth) It may be a colour space issue? Blurb Booksmart (the photobook app) runs in sRGB; although I assume iPhoto also does, though...
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jason, I'm connected via my iPhone.
Thank you for the update.
Once you accept the additional request for remote service, the remote link will be posted on this page. You can then go to the link on your computer.
I will be standing by.