Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I am on an older Macbook Pro running OS 10.6.8. I have about

Customer Question

I am on an older Macbook Pro running OS 10.6.8. I have about 6 mail accounts set up in Mac Mail. The AOL and GMAIL accounts will not connect and synch (they do fine on my iphone 5). When I delete them from Mac Mail, and try to reinstall the AOL account, I get an error that it cannot connect to to imap.aol.com
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Click on the first icon in the Dock the "Finder", then click on Go at the top of the screen, you will see a drop down menu, go to Utilities. When that opens double click on the application called Disk Utility. When Disk Utility opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.
Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, disk was fine, permissions are repaired.....
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK now go here  and download Maintenance for your system version:
http://www.titanium.free.fr/maintenance.html
Follow the directions and you can skip checking your drive then check all boxes and Execute, then after restart try to add your AOL account to Mail