Robert
Robert, consultant
Experience:  many years in the computer consulting industry
23372949

I have been copying formatted text from Microsoft Word into

Customer Question

I have been copying formatted text from Microsoft Word into Adobe Indesign CS5, version 7.0.4 with no problem for weeks. Suddenly, all formatting is dropped (but high-lighted with a pink color) in Indesign, reformatting the pinked type is forbidden. Since the cut and paste has been working for months, what has gone wrong. I checked the clipboard handling in the preferences and "all information" is checked.
Phone(###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.
Does it still print the right way
It sounds like the InDesign is set to show formatting. Or some code from the word has set it that way. Have you tried more than one word document. It might just be something in that first or second paragraph
Try these instructions to turn the show formatting off
Select the "Type" menu at the top of the screen.
2
Select "Hide Hidden Characters" to turn off the visibility of the non-printing formatting characters.
3
Disable Preview mode if your hidden characters still appear. To do so, select "View" and then "Overprint Preview."