Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I HAVE MAC OSX VERSION 10.6.8 I GET THE MESSAGE WHEN I TRY

Customer Question

I HAVE MAC OSX VERSION 10.6.8 I GET THE MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO LOG ON MY BENK AC TO UP DATE MY SAFARI BROWSER ,HOW CAN I DO THAT?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Could you please give me the details about the hardware specs of your Mac ?
You can find this information from Apple > About This MAc
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Apple is no longer releasing updates for Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. To get the latest version of Safari for 10.6.8, click on Apple menu and select Software Updates. Do all udpates.
If that didn't work then you have to update your Mac OS X 10.6 to latest version to get latest Safari. The latest version is Mac OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite. You can download and install it from App Store for free. Open App Store from Applications folder, search Mac OS X and install it.
If you are using any third party application like Adobe, Office etc then let me know their names here before upgrading and I will check and tell you whether they are compatible with Yosemite.
If you don't want to upgrade and want to use the banking site on your Mac, then you have to use other browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Download and install Firefox from here --> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
or
Download and install Google Chrome browser from here --> https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/
You can access the banking site from Firefox or Chrome.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.