Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Am I able to TALK to an IPAD technichian?

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
It is asking you to enter the passcode. Don't you rememeber the passcode your iPad ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Did you setup the passcode for iPad ? And what happens when you put in one ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Please dont open new questions. Please reply here with the details I asked.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your iPad without the passcode. Your only option is to force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users.
But if you've backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.
Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.
First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
Open iTunes application on your computer.
On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
Click OK or Restore
Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take awhile to restore it.