Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My microsoft word won't open - or close! - I get a rotating

Customer Question

my microsoft word won't open - or close! - I get a rotating rainbow circle
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Close Word. Then hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the library folder of your home folder. Open Preferences folder and trash the file 'com.microsoft.Word.plist'. If you can see other files related to word, then trash them too. Then hold down Shift key and open Word. If Word opens, click on File and click Open. Select any document and click Open.
If that didn't work, then close it. Hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the library folder of your home folder. Open Preferences folder and this time, trash the Microsoft folder.
Try Word. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fay, I'm just checking. How is it going ?