Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

Im Bob and my i-pad is disabled and i used my finger print

Customer Question

Hi im Bob and my i-pad is disabled and i used my finger print to open it i forgot my passcoad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob, and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.Since your iPad is disabled after failed password ***** you will now need to restore your iPad back to factory settings. This will erase everything. If you are backed up to iCloud, you can surely restore from and iCloud backup. Here is what you will need to do to restore your iPad.1. Open iTunes on your computer. If you do not have iTunes installed or you do not have the latest version, you can download it here http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/2. Once iTunes is open, connect your iPad to your computer using the charging cable that came with it. Simultaneously press and hold both the sleep and home button for 45 secs or until a cable and iTunes logo appears. The sleep/power button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button at the bottom. (where the fingerprint scanner is) 3. In iTunes on your computer, your iPad will appear in recovery mode. Press Restore
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
If you run into any difficulties, please let me know. I am available to walk you through step by step.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle, thank you for you for your input however I'm just going to the Apple Store and have them look at it. Bob
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome Bob. Please let me know if I can provide any additional assistance or if you have any additional questions.