Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

How to get events back into my iPhoto library

Customer Question

how to get events back into my iPhoto library
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Can you clarify? What happened exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was dragging (i thought) selected pix from one event into another but may have selected all by mistake --- now i only have a single event (had +100) & want to get all the events restored --- i have time machine backups from before today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are u there?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK let's check some things first. Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information: The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X) Processor Memory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10.9.5 3.06 GHz intel core 2 duo 4gb 1067 MHz DDR3
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
You can't actually move photos from one Event to another the events are locked they represent the date they were imported. You can make Albums and folders and move them to those but they also stay in the Event they came form.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process when you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots eventually you will see the OS X Utilities screen., select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column, if there are two or it is named something else choose the first indented item, and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
If that is all ok restart and then hold down the Option/ALT and Command keys and start iPhoto. You will see a iPhoto Library First Aid window, select rebuild the Database. If the problem persists we will try to recover your backup.. let me know