Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

When I write a Post on Facebook, I can edit, correct spelling,

Customer Question

When I write a Post on Facebook, I can edit, correct spelling, etc. However, when I Comment on someone else's Post, I cannot edit, even if I use the Edit feature. If I try to edit, the results are scrambled. Instead, I have to type my Comment on a word processor, copy it, and paste it on Facebook. This is a major annoyance. Nobody I talk to has this problem.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Does this issue happen on a PC or MAC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac 10.10.3
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Do you use Safari to access Facebook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
  • Open your Safari Web browser.

• Click the Safari menu, located at the top of your screen.

• A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled Reset Safari.

• A warning dialog will now appear detailing the items that will be removed. By default, all items within this window are checked.

• Ensure that only the items that you wish to reset are checked. (Clear History, Remove all Website Data, and Close all Safari Windows)

• Click the button on the dialog labeled Reset to complete the process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The drop-down menu does not include "Reset Safari." It does include "Clear History and Website Data." The new window then says, "Clearing will remove history, cookies, and other website data."

"History will be cleared from the devices signed into your iCloud account

the last hour

today

today and yesterday

all history."

Not there:

"A warning dialog...."

"Ensure that only...."

"Reset"

So what do I do with this?

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,

Select All History andselect Clear History and Website Data
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Somehow my reply did not go through. I did all that you suggested, and the problem persists, so the issue is not closed.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Did you reset the history and website data?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please pardon me for my delay in getting back to you. I know that you need to get this wrapped up so that you can get paid. This has been a "wild" week in which I have had little time to take care of a number of items awaiting my attention. I probably will not be able to deal with this today but will try. More likely, it will be tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As far as I can tell, I have done exactly what you suggested—with no change. However, my Safari setup does not seem to match yours, so I cannot be sure.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,

Would you be okay with a screen sharing session so I can view your computer and fix the issue> I am sending you an Additional Service offer if you are interested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am willing for you to share my screen. That usually is the best approach when following directions doesn't work for me. However, I do not wish to pay for that assistance, as I am already paying $18 a month for JustAnswer.

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
George,

Unfortunately, screen sharing is an additonal service. If you do not wish to do additional services, I will opt out and return the question back to the pool.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been helped several time through screen sharing but perhaps not on JustAnswer. Please transfer me to another expert—and thanks for trying.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As nearly as I can tell, I was not transferred to another expert. At least, nobody else has taken up my problem. I know it has been a long time, but I have had an extremely busy four weeks and often have not been home. Anyway, thanks for your efforts and do give my problem to another expert. —George

Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not home now
, being away to help a friend. When I get home I will reply. Thanks
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been having trouble with my Internet, but that is now fixed, so I can tackle this again—on Monday. I am awaiting a patriotic concert by the Southern California Mormon Choir, in which my wife and one son are singing, and tomorrow is our Sabbath Day. Thus, Monday. Thanks for your patience. —George