Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

MacBook pro cursor keeps freeing or disappearing

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Keeps freezing or disappearing
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Can you tell me the exact version of OS X you are currently running, please? Click the Apple logo in the menu bar at the top left of the screen Select "About This Mac" In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says. Thanks,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't do that because my cursor is frozen
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
So it's completely inoperable? See if it works in Safe Boot mode. Restart your Mac As soon as you hear the Startup chime, press and hold the SHIFT key Continue to hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo and progress indicator. Then, let go of the Shift key and let it boot to the Desktop (it may take longer than usual so please be patient). Now test your issue. John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I previously sent a message, but I waited much longer than the estimated wait time and needed immediate information. So I ended up calling apple support who helped me get my computer up and running. Thank you
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but it doesn't appear I've received an earlier message. However, I'm glad it got worked out. John