Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a Mac Book Pro. I need to review some

Customer Question

I have a Mac Book Pro. I need to review some x-rays on it. A Doc told me to down load a free software called Osirix that he has used. I need some advice on what to do. My name is XXX XXXXXXXXXX and I live in Louisville, Ky.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
On your Mac, goto this website --> http://www.osirix-viewer.com/download_form/download_form.php
Fill the form and Submit. They will send the download link of that application. Open the link you received via email and the application will be downloaded. Open your Downloads, double click on the downloaded file and you will be able to install it.
If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't find level on Mac? We're is it?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You can find the version number on Apple menu > About This Mac. Ignore it. Now, please do this. On your Mac, goto this website --> http://www.osirix-viewer.com/download_form/download_form.phpFill the form and Submit. They will send the download link of that software to your email. Open the link you received via email and the software will be downloaded. Open your Downloads, double click on the downloaded file and you will be able to install that software.If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have extended Apple Care on this laptop. Does that cover this session?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but we're not Apple. This is JustAnswer, a paid support site. We help the people until they are satisfied, for a fee.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Did you follow the instructions I sent you ? All you have to do is, goto the site I mentioned, fill the form and they will send you the download link of the software to your email. So open the email and you will see the download link. Click on it and it will be downloaded to your Mac. After downloading, open the downloaded software and you will be prompted to install it. After installing, you can view the xrays in it. Let me know if you have any difficulty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we have somewhere we need to be... May I do it in a couple of hours?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Of course. This question will not be closed. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am assuming this is safe to down load and can be used on an IPad?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The software link I sent you is designed for your Macbook Pro (Mac OS X). For iPad, there is entirely different software and it is not free, but $50. To download it, on your iPad open App Store. Search OsiriX HD You have to buy it to install it. See here --> https://itunes.apple.com/app/id419227089?mt=8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help!
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome :) If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. If you are satisfied with my service, please don't forget to rate me positively as Good or Excellent. Remember to add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me later via that bookmark without paying again.