Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Mike, I have a Macbook air 1.3 GHZ intel core i5, 4GB. I take thousands of photos and l

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I have a Macbook air 1.3 GHZ intel core i5, 4GB. I take thousands of photos and like to make slideshows, use IMovie and Photoshop Elements but keep getting the message "scratch discs are full". `i assume my virtual memory is not enough but am so confused with the external drive, the iCloud and the Mac? What is using what? Will the external drive still use virtual memory? HAHA I sound like an idiot but I have always been a PC user and this Mac confuses me and seems to have pictures duplicated everywhere!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can set your largest drive or the drive with the most open space as your scratch disk. Go to Apple Logo to About this Mac and select Storage what is listed there?
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Then in Elements Editor go to Preferences / Performance and make the drive with the largest free space your top scratch disk
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help?