Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I cannot access programs on Netflix through Apple TV and the

Customer Question

I cannot access programs on Netflix through Apple TV and the TV. The menu works, I can choose a program and click on PLAY and then the screen darkens, the time line appears and is stuck. Soon the screen tells me that
"This content requires HDCP for playback. Either your HDMI cable isn't properly connected or your HDMI connection doesn't support HDCP. Please reconnect the HDMI cable from your Apple TV to your HDTV and try again."
I've tried that multiple times. Netflix worked very well for several months so it can't be the HDCP requirement. A savvy friend tried to diagnose the problem and found that I could access programs such as YouTube and HistoryChannel but not Netflix itself past the "play" sequence. HELP!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me what tv you're using?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, just checking in to see if you need any further help with this.