Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

My email will not come up I have an Apple iPad. It shows the

Customer Question

My email will not come up I have an Apple iPad. It shows the icon for the email envelope when I touch on it it goes to a white screen then a black screen and then back to the screen that has all the icons on it help? Is there a charge for this service if so how much?
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have email on my iPhone I have it on a regular computer in my house so you can answer by email at the Misty blue address,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Can you please hold the power and home button on the iPad for about 10 seconds until the apple logo appears, then release the buttons. Let the iPad restart and then try to open your emails.Let me know the results please Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did.... Same thing....White screen and then goes back to the home screen with all the icons on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
White screen for 17 seconds then clicks to black screen for three seconds then back to home screen with all the icons on it. When he gives me the widescreen it gives me the little icons on the very top of the page that I show the flag the arrow, etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the word wide screen comes up it should read white screen. I am using my microphone for typing this text I do speak English God only knows sometimes when you reread the text !!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to Settings, Mail and press on the email account and press Delete accountOnce done, repeat the instructions we just didThen go to Settings, Mail and Add the email account back to the phone.Then try to view it.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is my iPad not my iPhone.when I went to settings and to the email account and show delete account on the bottom and I clicked on it but nothing happened however I then did the hold the home and the other button. Still nothing should I go back to the email page it shows account and it shows the green circle that has one on it that shown that has all my information and on the bottom it says delete account and I pushed on it and nothing happened what do you want me to do now ? It came up with the box it said delete account deleting this account will remove it's mail from your iPad and I pushed delete
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
When you held the Home and Power button you need to do this until you see the Apple Logo did you see it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I hold it until the Apple icon comes up and then I release both buttons and wait for it to go through the sign in and put in my my four digit code goes to the icon page I push the envelope it's shows me the amount of emails and again in case of the white page I'm on the delete account and it won't go away I just did it again holding the button this time it went off very quick and icon Apple came up waiting for it to come up to the turn on screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, we will have to reset it then. It is going to remove all your files and content (photos, contacts ect) and return the iPad to new, but we cannot avoid this sorry.To do this, go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.Let this complete and when it has, setup the iPad again like you did when you first received it.Then add the email account as it will have been removed, and it should then open the emails.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Screen came up to unlock and slide passcode page I put in my passcode and is now on the icon page showing the envelope for the email I touched it to 345-67 Green came up to unlock and slide passcode page I put in my passcode and is now on the icon page showing the envelope for the email I touched it to 29 seconds to home screen with icons... Touched envelope now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
.Ok, we will have to reset it then. It is going to remove all your files and content (photos, contacts ect) and return the iPad to new, but we cannot avoid this sorry.To do this, go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.Let this complete and when it has, setup the iPad again like you did when you first received it.Then add the email account as it will have been removed, and it should then open the emails.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have several pictures on hundreds but several that I don't want to lose so I'm in the process of moving them to emails that will show up on my Apple Computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
several pictures not hundreds
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** the reset and let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send me the previous Instructions by email I'll get them on my other computer which I will continue to use that computer until I find someone to help me get the pictures off my iPad . Do you have my email address if not it's *****@******.***.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did my email come out as all stars ******
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can only send them here on this websiteI repeated it belowOk, we will have to reset it then. It is going to remove all your files and content (photos, contacts ect) and return the iPad to new, but we cannot avoid this sorry.To do this, go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.Let this complete and when it has, setup the iPad again like you did when you first received it.Then add the email account as it will have been removed, and it should then open the emails.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks....my grandsons are really helpful with my computer devices however 2 are away to college perhaps I'll get my younger one he's 14 and an expert also ha ha! To get the pictures off then he will do as you say. Is there anyway I could printed from my iPhone is that possible
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Only if you had a printer capable of that and the app installed on the iPhone.but once it is reset it will function again ok once you set it up. I have though marked this question to never close so any issues please let me know hereIf you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...how would I get in touch with you Richard? Do you have a special number that I would call or what? I will reach you at the top thanks for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You only have to reply here, like you are doing now, the messages will then come directly to me.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating, thank you