Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I have created a keynote presentation with audio and some videos

Customer Question

I have created a keynote presentation with audio and some videos that are timed to the slides and audio. I want to share it. Exporting to quicktime loses the timing between the audio narration and the videos on the slides. Is there a way to preserve that in some format to share online?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi There and welcome This is an issue that Keynote and quicktime has with timings, and you can attempt the below to work around this Step 1) Create your Keynote presentation.Step 2) Record your speaking part (separately) with an audio recording program. I recommend Audacity. It's a great free application. You can download Audacity from www.sorceforge.com among other places. You'll also want to get the Audacity LIB file that is needed to export your audio recording to .mp3.3) From the Keynote Inspector, under the Document tab, go to the audio section and add your new voice recording file to the Soundtrack.4) From Keynote, go to File, Record Slideshow. While the audio plays, click through your slides. This is getting the slide change time down.5) From Keynote, go to File, Export. Make sure to have the following settings:Playback Uses: Recorded TimingInclude audio (sound files, movie audio): NOT SELECTEDInclude the slideshow soundtrack: NOT SELECTEDInclude the slideshow recording: SELECTEDClick next and your Keynote presentation should export to a .mov file (keep in mind, this .mov file has no audio. we'll take care of that in the last steps).6)Open the new .mov Keynote presentation in Quicktime Pro.7) Open the original .mp3 sound file in Quicktime Pro.8) Select All of the .mp3 file and then click CTRL + C to copy it.9) Go back to the .mov Keynote file and Select All. Then go up to Edit > Add to Movie.This adds your sound and movie file together.10) Finally click on File > Save As. Select, Save As A Self-Contained Movie and you're doneThis should get it playing in correct timeIf you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you