Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

I am using a mac and just mistakenly saved over a doc

Customer Question

hello.
i am using a mac and just mistakenly saved over a doc and lost my work
can i retrieve it
thankyou
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying about a Word Document?
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
or TextEdit or Pages ?
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Many apps, including TextEdit, Pages, Numbers, and others, automatically save versions of documents as you work on them. At any time, you can browse through document versions and go back to an older version. Please check this Apple KB article to see how to access previous saved version. If you are saying about an MS Word Document, most Windows and Mac editions of Microsoft Word include a setting that automatically makes a backup copy of a document. This backup copy is one version back from the currently saved version of the document, so it will show the contents as they were just before your most recent save of the “live” file. But you must turned on the backup-copy function.If you had set Word>Preferences>Save>"Always create backup" to ON before saving the document, then the backup copy of the document will be in the same folder, labelled "Backup of <document name>". If you have not turned that function on, then no, there is no way back from there. I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. RegardsJins