Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My mac keeps freezing while I am online.What should I do?

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Can you tell me the exact version of OS X you are currently running, please? Click the Apple logo in the menu bar at the top left of the screen Select "About This Mac" In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says. Thanks,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not receive the answer I wanted. Please remove your charge from my credit card.
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I replied to your question one minute after you posted it, among for additional information. You didn't not reply back and your communication is needed to troubleshoot your issue. Thanks,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't reply because my computer froze again. I'm taking it to an Apple Store. I'm replying on my IPad.
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Again, that's helpful information to provide as without it, it looks like you simply abandoned the effort. Does it only lock up while you have the Web browser open? Are you able to use it in safe mode? Restart your Mac As soon as you hear the Startup chime, press and hold the SHIFT key Continue to hold the Shift key until you see the Apple logo and progress indicator. Then, let go of the Shift key and let it boot to the Desktop (it may take longer than usual so please be patient). John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it freezes when I view a web browser. I've restarted it in the past, with no improvement. Thank you for trying to help, but I would feel more comfortable talking with an expert personally.
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
OK you'll need to contact Just answer about your refund. Good luck,John