Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Ashik I have an iPad and it won't charge at all when I plug

Customer Question

Hi ashik I have an iPad and it won't charge at all when I plug it in it keeps rebooting
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today. You will have to restore the iPad to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPad, but you can later restore the contents of the iPad to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/- Press and hold the top power button until the iPad turns off - Connect the iPad to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" messageOption 1: In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPad and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPad) and then click the Restore button.- Once that is complete, right click the iPad listing in the left panel of the iTunes window- Choose "Restore from Backup"- Choose a backup date and restore.Now your iPad will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync. I look forward to your next message or your rating below. Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.Thank you again, - Jason