Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My photos, taken on my I pad

Customer Question

My photos, taken on my I pad have always transfered (via cloud) to myI MAc. Now they have quit doing that - what do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. When did this problem start ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

April 29

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yosemite

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What exact version ? You can check it from Apple > About This Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
And, were the photos being transferred to iPhoto application or Photos application ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

10.10.3 Iphotos

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
First of all, I'd recommend to backup all your photos manually to your iPhoto. Connect the iPad to your Mac and open iPhoto. iPhoto will recognize it and ask you to download/import photos. So do it. If you didn't get prompt to import photos, click on File menu and select Import. This is the best way to download photos from your iPad to your Mac. Now, to fix the problem Open iPhoto, click on iPhoto menu and select Preferences. Under Photo Stream uncheck "Enable Photo Stream". Close iPhoto, goto iPhoto > Preferences > Photo Stream and enable the photostream again. This will force the iPhoto to download photos from iPad. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
FYI Apple has stopped supporting iPhoto and replaced it with Photos app. Goto Applications folder and open Photos app. Do you see the Photo Stream or latest photos there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I do not find the latest photos - that is the problem

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Did you try the steps I sent you ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If the above didn't work, then goto Applications > Utilities folder and open Activity Monitor. Then find iCloud Photos and click Quit Process.
Then restart your Mac and check iPhoto. If it is not syncing, then open Photos app and do you see new photos in the Photos application ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You have not been helpful. what you suggest is not fixing problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You have not been helpful and I hope not to be charged for this waste of time

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm helping you. Please be patient. It will take time and effort to find out and fix the problem. The photos are syncing through iCloud i.e via internet. So if there is any issues with Internet, Apple Server etc then they will not appear on your Mac. We just don't know whether the problem is with your Mac, iPad or on Apple's side. If you are not satisfied please contact support @ justanswer.com for refund
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you are not willing to continue, please let me know and I will request JustAnswer to refund your account. Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

please refund my payment

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I will request JustAnswer to refund your account.
Also, please email the customer support at***@******.*** for refund.
Also, it may take a few hours to resync all the photos from your iPad to iPhoto after trying my suggestion.
Best Regards,