Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

From Kevin... I was replacing my bosses shattered iPad 4

Customer Question

Hi from Kevin... I was replacing my bosses shattered iPad 4 screen yesterday. I wanted to test the digitizer before permantly installing it. I plugged in the iPad and the screen would only flash the apple logo. I tried to do a restore from my computer however got the 4005 error code. The logo only flashes when it is plugged in. Tried a soft reset, however that did not work either.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To start with, lets try and put your ipad in DFU mode. The link below covers that process in depth. http://osxdaily.com/2010/12/04/ipad-dfu-mode/ The key here, is your ipad screen should stay black, and itunes should say it detected a device in recovery mode. If you can get that far, try to restore the ipad. Let me know if your able to complete the above steps, and if not please send a detailed reply letting me know what happened so that we can continue the conversation. Thank you, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dustin. I tried that last night, however the restore failed showing error code 4005. For your information, if you come across this problem again... I did solve the problem and fixed the iPad 4. I started probing the connectors with my spudger tool and when I applied a little pressure to the lcd ribbon cable connector the iPad booted up. I then tightened the screw for the battery connection a few turns tighter and that fixed the problem. No more flashing apple logo and no lost data. Finished installing the new digitizer screen and all is well. Saved my butt from having to tell our company president that I trashed his iPad.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for following up and for clarifying the specific steps you took after replacing the screen to resolve the error. Since you resolved this on your own, without any material help from our end, the link below may be of interest to you. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund Thank you for asking your question, my apologies that I couldnt be of further assistance. And I hope you enjoy the rest of your employment ;) and weekend! Dustin S