Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have mistakenly deleted some calendars from my calendar program. How can I retrieve them

Customer Question

I have mistakenly deleted some calendars from my calendar program. How can I retrieve them? I don't have time machine.
My computer:
OSX 10.8.5
Mac Pro 2x2.666 6 core Intel Xeon
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
You deleted individual calendar items or whole calendars? And you do not have a backup correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whole calendars. i do not have a current backup.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK then Unfortunately on the computer you have no options if you have an iPhone or iPad you can try to recover an iTunes or iCloud backup and then sync that back to your computer. Do you have one of those devices and was it backed up to iCloud or your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An iphone yes, and it was backed up to Icloud, as was the computer.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
OK. depending on which you want to use here are the directions:
#1 Restore Deleted iPhone 5S Calendar from iTunes
First of all, make sure your lost calendar have been backed up on the iTunes, and do not sync your iPhone 5s with iTunes until get the files back.
First, plug your iPhone 5S into your Mac/PC via the USB cable. Launch iTunes and click “Summary” tab, then tap “Restore from Backup”. Not only can you recover calendar but other files as contacts, text messages, photos and more.
#2 Retrieve Calendar from iPhone 5S with iCloud
To retrieve calendar from an iCloud backup, you must erase the contents on your iPhone first by doing like this:
Setting> Reset> Erase All Contents and Setting
Then the iPhone will restart and run to the Setup Assistant tab, just select “Restore from iCloud” and sign in iCloud account.