John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

my internal hard drive not showing up in finder...its just

my internal hard drive not showing up in finder...its just showing a remote drive ...imac
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

To clarify, you are still booting successfully from the internal drive, correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, Barry.

In the Finder, click the "Go" item in the menu bar at the top of the screen and select Computer.

Does it show the internal hard drive there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i see it... untitled which is it..but not in finder

In the Finder, click "Finder" in the menu bar and choose Preferences.

On the General tab, under "Show these items on the desktop", make sure there is a check mark next to "Hard disks".

On the Sidebar tab, under "Devices", make sure there is a check mark next to "Hard disks" as well.

That should do the trick. You may need to name the disk if you still have issues.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further.
Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well its not showing up after I do that.. nothing on the side but my 2 external hard drives & something called remote disc

Does it show up on the Desktop?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running?

Click the Apple Logo in the menu bar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

osx 10.9 all I'm trying to do is get permission to read & write so i can burn a movie to a dvd from fcp x ..i hope that the prob

Okay, in 10.9 Under "Finder" > Preferences.

On the Sidebar tab, under "Devices", make sure it is actually a check mark and not just a dash next to "Hard disks". If it's merely a dash then your internal drive may not be listed in the sidebar.

However, to clarify; Is "untitled" the drive you boot your Mac from?

...and on what do you need to change permissions? You should not normally need to modify boot volume permissions.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got it now ....its says u can read only on the top of box the box its says...Name & Privileges... System "read & write"..... wheel "read only" .....everyone "read only"

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just been getting an error in fcp x when i try to burn and needed help if u can help me that will be great we can stop and start over so u can get paid for 2 questions if you don't know about Fcpx I understand & I can just pay for what ya did thks in advance.

Okay, good. Those permissions are normally correct if this is your boot up drive.

Since it sounds like you are having a specific FCP issue then that would probably be better suited to a seperate question.