Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My only computer is IPad 2. My gmail mailboxes are self deleting

My only computer is IPad 2. My gmail mailboxes are self deleting even newly saved stuff.
Apple support said it is a google problem and I can get no support from Google
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Can you give me your email address and password XXXXX I can check for you. You will have to change it afterwards if that is ok?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX google
Password XXXXX XXXXX Do I really have to change my password.
Do you need my charter four number password.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Actually email addresses are blocked here so you will have to give it to me just as the part before the @ symbol. You should change it every once in a while anyway but if you don't want to change the password XXXXX is not safe to put it here. Let's try something else:

Go to Settings / General / About what is the software version?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My charter wireless is Kelley-Wireless 0212 to enter my stuff.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.

I don't need that please select Settings then General then About what is listed next to Version on the that screen?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
7.04(11B554a)
I have physical therapy appointment but will be back in a couple of hours
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Ok Hold the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple Logo.

graphic

Let me know after.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

It didn't work. Unable to download Firefox as requested. Only way to communicate is through my email. All my starred items just deleted by themselvesso solution didn't work. I did as instructed pressing sleep and bottom button for home screen

Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
I never asked you to download Firefox?? Are you accessing your Mail through the Mail icon or the Gmail app?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The phone support told me to get Firefox. Yes I do use the mail icon.
Don't know about gmail app
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Ok sorry I dont know anything about phone support click here and install it:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/gmail/id422689480
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Will my current saved stuff be integrated with new gmail app. Will have to

learn how to use it.will I use the gmail app only and cancel or not use the icon anymore? Time will tell if it holds my saved stuff, right?

Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
It just reflects exactly what is in your gmail account that you might access on your computer if you had one. I just wanted you to try it and tell me if the problem is gone it won't affect the other Mail app.
Mike, Mac Medic
Experience: Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

So I should use the gmail app from now on and not the app? Time will tell if I lose stuff. I'll rate you now as you have given me hope. If I lose

any more stuff I will get back to you if that is ok. Thanks