Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

hi, I have a problem with my PS CS6 Extended on my Mac. when

Customer Question

hi, I have a problem with my PS CS6 Extended on my Mac. when I print an image the colours are nothing like the screen. I have printed hundreds of images just fine before. The file will print just fine from a PC laptop on the same printer (Epson 4880).
I thought I might reinstall PS but I had dramas when I first installed from a software download card ...
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Have you installed the ICC profiles for the printer? Unfortunately the site is down until tomorrow but here is the site address:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/WEB-INF/jsp/alfresco/proimaging/products/mediaAccordion.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes

When you have installd them we can continue
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks,

This Mac/printer combination has worked well for about 6 months. In response to a different issue, about 3 weeks ago, I updated all the Epson soft and firmware that Epson could think of. I have had successful prints after that.

I have had a look at 'profiles' seems I am using ADOBE 1998 plus sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Can we look around PS to check if I have the ICC profiles for the printer ?

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

You can check but you would have had to install them already and the site is down right now. In the print Dialogue change it to Photoshop manages color and then look at the list:

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Doesnt look like I have that file ...

file://localhost/Users/erix/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202013-11-17%20at%201.45.15%20PM.png

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Sorry I can't see that. You can send it here if you want but we probably will have to wait until tomorrow anyway.

Go here with any web browser:

http://tinyurl.com/mikemacmedic

Choose Select Files and navigate to your file(s) to upload or you can also just drag the file(s) to the Upload box, then click on Start Uploading Files or Cancel. When it asks for a description put in your justanswer.com or pearl.com username. Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX link works, but seems to be unrelated to me ... I don't use any of the papers listed. I use premium semi gloss photo paper (250) SO41743

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
OK if it is not a specialty paper then it should be in your regular list. Change it back to Printer Manages colors and then in Print Settings choose that paper. See here:

graphic

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

My printer doesn't show the same options as yours ..

I use roll paper

PS sometimes gives an error message warning not to use "Coloursync colour matching" could that be a clue ?

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

But you must have a Printer Settings button under the Printer Setup header right? Like in the upper right of my picture? What are your options there? Make sure you click Show Details.

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Can you take a screenshot of what you see?

To take a screenshot hold down Shift and Command (⌘) and then hit the number 3, you will hear a click and the picture will be in Pictures or Desktop folder. To take a selective screenshot hold Shift and Command (⌘) and then hit the number 4, you will see a crosshair drag it over the area you want to take a picture of and let go.

Go here with any web browser:

http://tinyurl.com/mikemacmedic

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

Maybe go here and download the driver for your system version then delete the printer and add it back in System Preferences:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Overview&oid=94507&prodoid=63070982

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have contacted Epson .. I hope they will have more specific knowledge of the printer/computer/software..

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
If I could see what you are referring to I could help you. If you click on Print Settings just like in my picture and then you get the printer dialogue you click on Show Details and then if the driver is installed properly you should see the same screen as mine but not exactly. You should at least see Media Type and Print quality. I can control your screen and look for you if you wish?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok .. sure control my screen

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Also you are getting the colorsync error because you have to choose Epson color controls under the Color Matching panel:
graphic
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.

OK it takes a little work on your part:

Please go here:

https://join.me

Click on Apps at the top of the screen and then download the Mac Desktop app below and on the right:

It should download to your Downloads folder and automatically expand to join.me.app, if not double click on it to expand the zip file.

Drag that to your Applications folder and double click on it:

You should see a box:

Click on share.

You will see a 9 digit number at the top, give that to me here. Then look for my messages on your screen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

the join.me link is blank..

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
I just clicked on the link I gave you and it went here:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Here I have uploaded the app to my media fire account:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k0v7idwybnk8hr7
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok thats a 10 min download .. I will let you know ..

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
That's weird its only 4 mb, ok let me know
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

To save me explaining.. just don't assume that I

know anything about a mac computer

live in a place that has good connectivity

have any local support

ok I have the app I think

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
I guessed as much which is why I wanted to do it myself. Open the app and click on Share you will get a 9 digit number, send that to me here. If your internet is slow this might not work anyway but worth a shot.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

'connecting' .. for 5 mins ...

Try again tomorrow ...

Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Connecting to the download or to join.me?
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
Ok let's try tomorrow if your internet is that slow it won't work but I should at least be able to see your screen because I never got the pictures.
Expert:  Mike replied 10 months ago.
I'm online if you want to try that.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

This transaction has been of low value to me.

I don't believe I am any closer to a solution than I was at the outset.

Poor use of my time..

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Sorry about that but I can't help what your internet speed is. If you knew that ahead of time it would have been helpful if you had told me so neither of us would have wasted time. You need to be able to adjust your settings in your printer dialogue and you obviously don't know how to do that on the Mac. I was trying to control your screen so I could. There is only so much help you can give a novice through postings on the internet. Good luck. Sorry I wasted your time.