John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I installed Elements 12 on my Mac running 10.9. When I attempt

I installed Elements 12 on my Mac running 10.9. When I attempt ro run it, it won't open up. I get the message--Could not initialize Photoshop Elements because the file is locked or you ndo not have the necessary access privileges. Use the "Get Info" command in the Finder to unlock the file or change permissions on the file or enclosing folders.
I have done that many times over, eliminated permissions, reinstalled, talk to Apple.
I finally created an other user and installed it there. It runs fine No Problems. I just don't like switching between users. Any suggestions as to how to get it to work on original user side? Thanks
Wim van Vugt
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

There was a common issue with PSE 10 and Lion hat may apply here. The permissions issue does not directly relate to the app itself but rather a support folder.

In the Finder, click the Go item in the menu bar at the top of the screen

Hold down the Option key on your keyboard and select Library

Once you are viewing the Library, open Application Support.

Select the Adobe folder and then right-click or Control-click to choose Get Info from the context menu.

Under "Sharing & Permissions", click the lock in the bottom right corner and enter your password XXXXX unlock the panel.

If your name isn't in the list, click the "+" sign to add it.

If the user name is XXXXX XXXXX with "Read" permissions, click the arrows and select Read & Write.

Next, click the 'gear' icon and select "Apply to enclosed items"

If all goes well, you should then be able to run PSE.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,
Howdy!

Thanks,