Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.

I just downloaded the new iOS 7 version into my Mac Work Station

I just downloaded the new iOS 7 version into my Mac Work Station and now iTunes says it won't open "to run iTunes in 64-bit mode, select the iTunes application in the Finder, choose the "get info" command in the file menu, and uncheck the "open in 32 bit mode" checkbox in the iTunes info window" The problem with all that is there is no "open in 32 bit mode" option in the file menu so I can't use that as a procedure and I can't get iTunes to open
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please drag the iTunes folder from the Applications folder to the Desktop
, then open the iTunes folder / application on the Desktop
, and allow it to update, etc.
, then quit iTunes program
, then delete the iTunes folder in the Application folder (drag it to the Trash)
, then drag the iTunes folder from the Desktop back to the Application folder, then check.

If needed, download and update the latest iTunes program at the website below:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I drag the iTunes folder from the application to the desktop and when I try to open it I got the same exact error message it still won't let me open it
Sorry, did you open iTunes from the Desktop, not from the Application folder? Can you drag the iTunes folder to the Trash, then download/reinstall it?
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

please instruct me step by step on how I "drag the iTunes folder from the applications folder to the desk top'" ?

Sorry, click on Finder icon to open it
, click on Applications on the left
, click & hold on iTunes folder there, and drag it to an empty space on the Desktop

, open the iTunes folder on the Desktop, and allow it to update/run...
, quit iTunes

; drag iTunes folder from Applications to the Trash
, drag iTunes folder from Desktop to Applications.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I did everything you said. There was no iTunes "folder" only the iTunes Icon. SO I dragged that Icon to the desk top. I then tried to open it from the desk top but it would not open. It just gave me the same error message about the 32 bits. HELP!? lol

Sorry, drag itunes from application and desktop to trash, then download/reinstall it

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

please take me through step by step ( I do not know much about computers) what i do? How do i drag iTunes from application and desk top top trash. Where do i find the iTunes application?

Sorry, if you open Finder, then Applications, then you see iTunes, then just click & hold the iTunes item, and drag to the Trash thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

is "finder" the same as "Spot light"? If not where do i find "finder"?

Do you see the Finder icon at the bottom left? Try my previous suggestion as you did not see the Finder icon:

graphic

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I found it. I clicked it. I dragged the iTunes to the desk top and then from the desk top to the trash. Now I am downloading the iTunes software from the link you provided. What do i do next after it has downloaded?

Since you just found the Finder, did you try my very first suggestion?

click on Finder icon to open it
, click on Applications on the left

, quit iTunes

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

how do I get rid of the old versions of iTunes that seem to be taking up a lot of space on my computer?

When it's updated; it's overwritten the old one; the only thing that takes up space is your music, etc. Thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

OK! It worked!!! Thank you!!!!!!

Great. You're welcome. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience: Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.