Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I have a ipad 1st generation and I accidently reset the whole

I have a ipad 1st generation and I accidently reset the whole thing and now I can only go to a screen with English, but nothing else happens. How do I get my system back or who do I go to for help? Hope you can help me.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional /tablet with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this: press and hold both the Power button and the Home buttons together on the iPad for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried that and the only thing that comes up is a page that has where the slide to unlock is different languages scrolling by.

Sorry, what happens when you slide to unlock? And/or selecting the English language this time? Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it says set up incomplete start over or continue.

Please select continue. If it does not let you continue, then select start over. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I selected start over and it just went to the language page

After selecting the language, do you see Next option or arrow icon, etc.? Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am following the arrows please stay with me until I finish

OK, I'm staying with you here. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

now it says cant open internet because it is not connected to the internet which started this whole reset thing in the first place. my laptop connects fine and so does my other stuff. I put my password XXXXX and it still says not connected

On the iPad, when you go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on, then tap on your wireless network name, then enter your wireless/wi-fi password XXXXX prompted, then connect, then what does it say?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the icon keeps going around for a while then on the setting side it says no connection and then flips back again with the little circle going around

How many network name(s) do you see in the Wi-Fi setting?

Can you please disconnect the power cord from your Internet / wireless modem/router device for about 5 minutes, then reconnect, and see if you can connect the iPad to your wireless network name again?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I will try this will you wait while I do this. Hopefully

Yes, I will stay with you until the end. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if I disconnect the router will my lap top stay connected or should I plug my laptop directly to my lap top?

Just leave everything connected as normal. It will reconnect after you reconnect the power cord to the modem/router. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am on my ipad. Thank you so much. Hope you have a great day.

Great. You're welcome. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you