Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am trying to hook up and use a newly purchased Buffalo 3

I am trying to hook up and use a newly purchased Buffalo 3 TB DriveStation DDR Hard Drive. I have an iMac with OS 10.7.5. To my chagrin, the HD is basically for Windows and offers very little instruction for Mac. The install and manual instructions seem to be written by a Windows technician. They don't seem to relate to my iMac. Everything I have tried that the manual instructs does not work. Can you tell me how to get good tech support or can you help me? John
All you have to do is reformat it for Mac... Go to Applications / Utilities and open Disk Utility with the drive plugged in. Select the device on the left and then the Erase tab on the right. Choose format Mac OS Extended (Journaled) then click on Erase and when it is done it should appear on the desktop. Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX seem to now have an HD ready to work with. I wonder why Buffalo couldn't explain it as clearly as you did. John

Yes sorry about that. So all is good now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I believe so. I am about to add files to it and will re-contact you if it doesn't work. Thanks again.

Ok let me know and if all is good:

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.