Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

how do i import photos from a memory card or USB cord if my

how do i import photos from a memory card or USB cord if my iPhoto won't display that I have new pictures to upload
Quit iPhoto, hold down the Option or ALT and Command keys and start iPhoto. Check all the boxes and run Rebuild. Then try again and let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did all that then tried again but then my iphoto stops responding as soon as i insert my memory card

Ok. Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

version 10.8.4

Processor: 2.5 GHz Interl Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHzDDR3

Startup Disk Macintosh HD

Ok. I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Worked! You're the BEST! Thanks so much!

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.