Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps

I have accidently dragged 6.5k emails

Customer Question

I have accidently dragged 6.5k emails onto my desktop and the desktop is now frozen, with my Mac still working albiet very slowly - any ideas please how to remove all the emails and return my desktop to normal?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 years ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Exit out of all running external applications to avoid any confusion while rearranging your desktop. Click anywhere on the desktop to bring your arrow back to Finder. Click "Edit" from the Finder menu on the tool bar at the top of the screen. Select the first option, "Undo," from the drop-down menu. This will undo the drag operation which created files on your desktop.

Click on the desktop item you wish to remove to select it if you cannot undo it from the Finder menu. Drag it to the inbox or trash bin to eliminate it from your desktop.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Between asking my question and your response my computer came back to life and I was able to open the finder and delete the emails - thank you though

Happy to hear your problem solved. Remember us, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to Now let me file this question as closed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX won't be charged for this as the issue was resolved without help (if there was an obvious way I could have cancelled my question I would have!)?

Sure, I can report this for refund.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much!