Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

Hello, i have an imac computer trying to boot, but it just

Customer Question

Hello, i have an imac computer trying to boot, but it just keep spining around, can you help me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 9 months ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

If you're unable to start your Mac in Safe Boot mode, or your Mac starts in Safe Boot mode, but it won't start up normally, you can try the following:

Reset PRAM

Reset SMC

If it not helps, perform an Apple Hardware Test (AHT) which contains a suite of diagnostics that will test the hardware of your computer.

If it not helps, try to Repair Disk Permission. You need to use Disk Utility to Repair Disk and the Repair Disk Permissions. Check this tutorial to see how to use disk utility for these functions.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hello i performed the steps you sugest me, and in the AHT i found an error the error is the following,

4HDD/30/40000005: SATA(0,0)

I think the problem it will be on the Hard Drive?

Yes, it seems like there is some error with your hard disk. Now you can try the Repair Disk and the Repair Disk Permissions using Disk Utility. Check this tutorial to see how to use disk utility for these functions.

When Disk Utility can't repair the disk, you need to buy Disk Warrior or TechTool Pro, with Disk Warrior being the more popular of the two. As long as there is not a hardware issue, Disk Warrior can usually repair what Disk Utility cannot. Disk Warrior is available from http://www.alsoft.com/diskwarrior/

If you cannot boot into your system, you should connect your system with another mac machine with a firewire cable to perform a targetmode boot. Click here to see how to use and troubleshoot FireWire target disk mode

If your system do not have a firewire port, you need to take the disk from the system and then you can connect the drive to a sata-to-USB adapter or put it in a hard disk enclosure then connect it to another Mac system. From there, depending on the level of corruption you should be able to copy data from the disk or can repair the disk with third party tools.

With sata-to-USB adapter you can connect the disk to another Mac system like an external hard disk and can repair or backup its data. Click here to buy sata-to-USB adapter from Amazon

If you are not familiar with these kind of technical things, please contact neares apple store and they will help you.

Note: Apple has determined that certain Seagate 1TB hard drives used in 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac systems may fail. These systems were sold between October 2009 and July 2011. Apple recalled those disks and replaced the dsks through Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) with free of charge. You can enter your serial number on this page and check wheather your system is on that series.

Regards
Jins