Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iMac will not recognise my airport express . My iPhone,ipad

My iMac will not recognise my airport express . My iPhone,ipad and my very old falling apart apple laptop all recognise it .
I have the icon on my imac but no Internet
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
10.9
2.7GHz Intel
8G 1600 MH DD R3
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

If you reset the Airport can you now still see it on the other devices and connect to the internet?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I have airport on laptop and ipad
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK but if you reset it it should have gone back to default... weird, you should have had to set it up again. Ok I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. I am required to post any procedure as an Answer even if it is just a diagnostic test, so please ignore the Rate to Finish box and Reply to Expert after you have tried that.

Restart the computer while holding the Command and R keys to boot to Recovery HD partition, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk on the right and if that is OK Repair Permissions. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair Disk.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Disc check says OX Base system is OK

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Not Base System... Macintosh HD. And then Repair Permissions
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Repair permissions will not click ?.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK so you chose Macintosh HD and then Verify Disk and that was OK but Repair Permission is not available?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I got to repair and repaired and verified both disks not sure if there was anything to repair
Now what's next
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
We are ONLY talking about Macintosh HD the other is your Recovery HD partition that you are booting from. When you chose Verify Disk on Macintish HD did it need Repair or did it say it was OK in green type. Then did you Repair Permission on ONLY Macinotsh HD?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I repaired everything I could find anyway Internet is now restored Thanks !!!
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
OK great!!

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.