John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

I am looking at a mac with mac lion os x 10.8.4. will this

I am looking at a mac with mac lion os x 10.8.4. will this support quark express 10?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Any Mac running OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) should be able to run QuarkXPress 10 provided it has the following:

2GB RAM or more
a DVD drive if you are installing from disc (not required for installation from download).

To check if the Mac has enough memory;

Click the Apple Logo in the menu bar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Memory" information.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. its a used mac i am buying. o.s is listed as OS x 10.8.4 Lion. Just want be sure this is equivalent to Mountain Lion and not a different thing? I am new to macs.

Hi Adam,

Yes, they are the same. Each major version of the OS X operating system has a code name. QuarkXPress 10 will run with any of the following versions as long as the Mac has 2GB or more of RAM/memory:

Mac OS 10.7.5 (Lion)
Mac OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion)
Mac OS 10.9.x (Mavericks)

Note the "x" as used above, such as in 10.8.x, means that any version of 10.8 will work (such as 10.8 or 10.8.2, etc...).

Hope that helps!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page: