John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

i downloaded I photo 9.5. After two days the conversion of

Customer Question

i downloaded I photo 9.5. After two days the conversion of my photo"s still is not completed. Download keeps on saying it quit for some reason and I hit restore.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is John, I will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Do you know, roughly, how many photos you might have in your iPhoto Library on the MacBook Air?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

around 9,000

Thanks, William.

Let's try the following first and see if it gets your further along. If not we will bring out the big guns.

Quit iPhoto if it is currently open

Hold down the Command and Option keys on your keyboard and start iPhoto

Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library

A dialog should appear with rebuild options listed; Start with the first option.

Click Repair or Rebuild

The process may take a few minutes to complete.

If that doesn’t work then repeat the process once again, this time choosing the 2nd option (and repeat for 3rd and 4th option until successful).

If that doesn't work then let me know.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know. If you are satisfied but have not yet rated, please do so. Positive ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page: