John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

Can someone help me figure out how to reset my iTunes password

Can someone help me figure out how to reset my iTunes password XXXXX originally I didn't enter my correct birthday being skeptical about giving out personal details and wanting to protect my identity?
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

I'm not sure what websites you may have attempted to use so I'm going to give you the complete information in order to have everything at your disposal.

Please note: I can give advice and information only, not successful access to your account. For the sake of security concerns and safeguards, you must perform these steps yourself as owner of the account but I will assist you along the way.

You should be able to reset your password XXXXX the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option on the right side of the page labeled "Find your Apple ID". If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

If you can't pull up your Apple ID using the info above BUT you currently have purchased music in iTunes on your computer then you may be able to see the ID; To view this information, simply select any purchased song in iTunes and press Command-I or choose "Get Info" from the File menu. Then in the Summary tab of the window that appears (this should be the default tab), you should see the name / Apple ID listed.

Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:
https://appleid.apple.com/ (Click "Manage Your Apple ID")

If you can't successfully reset your password XXXXX still can not log in due to the birth date issue, you will need assistance from Apple directly. In this case, you will have to contact Apple via their Express Lane customer service feature to ask them to investigate the disabled account:

https://expresslane.apple.com/

Choose the correct category and issue as prompted by the service above and you will eventually reach a web form where Apple promises to respond within 24 hours. If you need a suggestion for which support path to follow, try:
iTunes > iTunes Store > Account Management > Managing or editing an Apple ID > Email

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know. If you are satisfied but have not yet rated, please do so. Positive ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your awesome service. Password is reset and I will now rate your service. Thank you!