Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

What is the best way to burn an iMovie project to DVD from

What is the best way to burn an iMovie project to DVD from the updated iMovie?( Maverick OS) I have been using share/file/movies, then opening a copy of iDVD and using magic DVD option. The old version of iMovie had the option of finalizing, then burn to DVD, which I am used to. Thanks- I have to make DVD's for multiple people, who might not have anything except a DVD player.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Unfortunately, Apple had removed the direct DVD burning feature from latest iMovie 10. The only way to burn DVD from iMovie 10 is export it to a Quicktime movie file first and then burn it to DVD using iDVD or third party applications like Toast.

Toast is the best DVD burning application out there. I'd recommend to get Toast. See here : http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/titanium/

If you have iDVD, then open iDVD and create new project, choose One Step DVD from Movie...from File menu and select the Quicktime video you've exported from iMovie. Then burn it.

That burned DVD from iDVD can be played on all computers, dvd players etc

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you sir, sounds pretty straight forward, I will be giving it a try.

You're most welcome Tom :)

Best Regards,