Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

I have a MacBook Pro. Version 10.8.5. My top menu bars keep

I have a MacBook Pro. Version 10.8.5. My top menu bars keep disappearing. I don't know what to call the different bars, but they all disappear until I click the arrow in the blue box at the top right of the screen or put my pointer on the top bar.

When in the world did this start and why? And how can I fix it?

Thank you very much
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have this problem with Safari application or with all applications of your Mac ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm not sure how to answer your question. The only other application I really use is Pages and Pages never did have all the top menus.

Michael, do you have this problem in the Safari browser (internet browsing application) ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, that's where the problem is.

Sounds like your Safari is in Full Screen mode. Press Command-Control-F and that will exit the Full Screen mode of Safari.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Ashik. I followed your directions. My dock returned, but my bookmarks and tabs didn't.

Restart Safari and press Command-Control-F again. Did that work ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is restart Safari the same as reset Safari or do you mean close out and boot up again?

Close out and boot up again. Add a bookmark of this page before restarting, so we won't lose our connection.

If it is not working, click on View menu in the top menu bar in Safari and click Exit Full Screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, I have no trouble exiting full screen. But I seem to have no control over full screen returning seemingly after any action I take. How can it stay not full screen.

Thank you,

Did you try exiting Full Screen from View menu ? That should exit full screen and won't return back to it.

If it still not working, then we can reset the preferences of Safari and that should fix it. Close Safari, then on finder, Hold down Option key on your Keyboard, click on Go menu in the top and select Library. This will take you to the Library folder of your User Account. Open Preferences folder in there.

Trash the file "" from there. Open Safari. Did that work ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll take it a step at a time or I'll get confused. So I've exited full screen from the view memu and I'll see what happens. Back to you tomorrow.

Thank you,

Just restart Safari again and if it didn't go to full screen mode, then you don't have to delete the preference file of Safari.

Best Regards,
Hi Michael, Just checking. How is it going ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, I think its over. One problem was that the hide favorites bar was selected which disoriented everything. Seems to be OK now. Thank you.

Hi Michael, Glad everything is OK now. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Bonuses and Positive Feedback (on survey you get from JustAnswer) are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You bet.

Thank You Michael :)
Hi Michael,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively as Excellent Service.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pretty confusing system.The service was excellent, I believe I answered that earlier, and the tabs for clicking quality of service in this email are not live.

I don't know what else you want?
Nothing Michael. I assume you are talking about the emails sent by JustAnswer. I didn't send any email.

If you need any help in the future, please come back again.

Best Regards,