Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
19897260

three questions_ I was deleting from oldest forward. Trash

Customer Question

three questions_
I was deleting from oldest forward. Trash was not responding so I couldn't delte permanently. I tried delteing from today down ( only those I wanted to delete) but the universal click took in all pages before I could check them . Again Trash did not have these deletions Where did these go? The only use I have to for them is to make sure this massive deletion did not agffect my Contacts.

How do I stop blue print? Eye problem makes clarity /reading difficult.

Is the email service legitimate ? received this morning jkshsjfhbfb.alervista.org
regarding unusedaccounts. My build-up referred to in queetion one was due to extensive travel to no WiFi areas followed by illness?. I responded tostop elmination. Was that dangerous?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

My apologies that no one responded to you earlier.. Now that I have picked up this question your wait between responses will be much less than it has been.

We need to cover the alter vista issue first.. You were definitely Phished for information. Anytime you receive a message talking about your account is going to be deactivated, deleted, removed.. Its 99% of the time a scam to get your login information, or your name and credit card numbers.

http://forum.en.altervista.org/issue-reporting/489-site-used-phishing.html

What information did you give out when you clicked on the email you received? Just your login and password? if thats all you gave out, you will want to immediately go back to altervista, and change your password, and double check your security information to make sure no one changed it ..

Once we have covered the altervista account or website you have, we can move on and discuss your mac mail and t he deleted messages..

( some information that will help is, what version of mac osx do you have.. 10.6 10.7 10.8 10.9 , and what version of mail are you running?

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to assisting you with the other 2 parts of your question.

Dustin S.
Dustin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience: 4 Years in the US Military working with Mac's and networking equipment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Dustin, I used the address contained in your answer. i couldn't get anywhere. I've already changed my password XXXXX two friends let me know that there's a hack message out aleady.

I used the address you have in this answer...but i got nowhere into my records . the practiccal info was a list of apps that are on . the only exception was HYML... What dos that mean to the process of stopping the hacking. I put in for records again but still no good.

I've told AOL that I need security for Apple a for years. the latest yesterdy.

My Apple Macbook is 10.5.8

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.
Hi Theresa, Ive just signed in for the day and seen your message..

Id like to connect to you today ( or soon ) during a screen sharing session, so that I can see t he issues your facing in person, and then help you resolve them on screen.

There wont be any extra or additional charges for a screen share session, as this is a tool that will help me to do my job better, and to assist you.

Please send a reply when you can, so that you and I can schedule a time to connect.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I'm not clear what infor you need, I stated my Apple as 10.5.8.

events since we exchanged- Found Aol's phone number for being hacked is no longer in play.

I'm put under Administrative Aprroval"Code: 554.5.7.1. I send a test meassage as to how long? and Why?

I'm only allowed short sessions READ email . So I'm not sure you'll receive this.

This info came throughan associate with highter tech access than but which did not allow intervention.

I lost 4-5 emails that were listed for Fri. fut now are not.

You will be the test for out going.

According to Just Answer the first week in free and than fees are app. ARe you in that program or individual?

Hopefully Theresa/Terry

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Hi Theresa and Terry..

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, Friday i worked a 16 hour shift. So Im starting a bit late today ( saturday ) and will be working mainly from around 11 pm tonight till around 4 am. Sunday I should be online from about 1pm till midnight.

Im unsure of some of what your asking, having a diffculty understanding what you mean..

As far as the first week free, I have no way to access the payment side of your account. Our customer support could clarify when you would be charged or if you have been charged. Here is there number.

1 (888) 862-9212

What I can say, is that theres no time limit on my ability to assist you. As long as you keep replying to me, I will keep replying to you till we have resolved the issues, as much as possible..

You mentioned AOL
, and the phone number for being hacked.. This is the first time you have mentioned any type of issue with AOL.. Earlier you mentioned you had tried various AOL benefits, but you hadnt outlined or described any type of issue with aols email or other services.

Unfortunately, We missed each other yesterday.. Will you be available later tonight or tommorow so that we can connect during a screen share, speak in live chat, and try to get all these issues resolved in one swoop?

D.S

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Dustin, Have you been paid paid by Just Answer??/ They were.

Right now, nothing has been done to solve the Trach.

I've been hacked again even though I change my password for AOL. I changed my browzer. .. which I now find has no moe security tahn the lpreviously

I'm receiving requests from a Yahoo account I have never set up yet yahoo was used in one of the hackings.

I guess my most important question is -- HOW do I get out of Facebook?

I can't edit all the errors because I've tried. But I have connection s there that I hate to lose. .. Could I cancel and then start a new account? Could I announce it on the old one hat anyone who wanted to be back could look me up? Or is that asking for more trouble. ?

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Hi Theresa, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I was offline yesterday when you responded.. Im sorry to hear that you are still having issues..

On AOl, I would consider changing not only your password, and when you change it make sure its a password that you are not using on any other account.. It needs to be a new password that you have never used before. Along with the password on your AOL account, you also need to check your account recovery information if your still getting hacked.

Such as, check and see what backup or alternate emails your using. Also, very important. Your aol security question.. You need to change it.. If someone has guessed or knows the answer to your security question. They can keep hacking your acccount over and over again.

That being said.. Facebook. You can deactivate your current facebook account and then start a new one.. You could start a new facebook account before you close the old one, as long as you use a different email.. Then, you could individually send your friends and contacts a friend request from the new facebook account before closing the old one.. That way you make sure you get message them all..

Im not sure what your hoping to accomplish by switching facebook accounts though.. If someone is harrassing you on facebook , its usually more effective to change your privacy settings so that only friends can see your posts, and previous posts. As when you make a new account, someone can easily look at one of your friends pages and see your page listed there, or they can just do a search for the new page.

Blocking people individually is usually your best bet.

Im sure you may have further questions before the issue is resolved, so take your time and message me when you can.

Dustin S.